Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visitors!

Good morning! So yesterday from what I hear was another great day. Uncle Darryl and Aunt Jan headed up to see Dad in the morning. I talked to Aunt Jan when they left and she said he was doing really good. She said it was a little hard to hear him and understand him at times but they got through it. Aunt Jan said that at one point she was holding dad's hand and he readjusted his hold and held on so tight that she didn't know how long she could stand it! We laughed and she told me she was glad to know he still had his strength. I think they left between 4 and 4 thirty or so and to my surprise after they left he had another guest. Todd decided to drive up in the afternoon and have a visit with his Uncle. I was so happy to hear this. Mike called and said you can stop worrying about dad being alone for to long because Todd is going up this afternoon! What a relief! I just cant stand the thought of him there for to long without someone with him. When he doesn't have any visitors they do have to put restraints on his arms for his safety. They don't want him pulling on any of the things he is hooked up to. Especially the traech. He has made it perfectly clear he does not like this. So back to his visit with Todd, they talked for a while and then watched some basketball. I guess he asked Todd what time Mike would be there tomorrow? The sooner the better he said so I can get these things off my arms! Todd told him Mike would be up around 10 or so. I think Todd stayed until 7 thirty or so. Thank you Todd, Uncle Darryl, and Aunt Jan for taking the time to go see Dad. I know he appreciated it! Mike and I appreciate it as well! Okay so that is it for now but hopefully Mike will have some energy left when he gets home to write the blog for today! Aunt Judi and Uncle Jer will be heading up Monday and Tuesday so she will be doing the blog those two days I am sure. Thanks! Amy
By the way, do any of you medical people who read the blog know the correct way to spell traech? I really don't have a clue, I am just guessing! Someone help!

3 comments:

  1. Another good job on the blog, Amy. I'm so glad Uncle Darryl & Aunt Jan got to go up and see your Dad. I'm sure he looked soooooo much better than the last time Uncle Darryl saw him. I'm also very happy to hear that Todd drove up to see him---what a loved man Dick is!
    By the way, the correct way to spell trach is just that. It stands for tracheotomy and the shortened form is trach---you were very close!
    Anyway, I want to get back to Chicago to see him and will talk with you soon to see who is going when. Keep those prayers coming---we want him home as soon as he is healthy enough!
    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like Dick's days are getting better and better. With Dick's stubbornness and all of the prayers that he has received, Dick will be home sooner than we expected. After all, look how far he has come in such a short time. Thank you everyone for all of your prayers. And like Cheryl said "Keep those prayers coming." Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Amy! I don't think you need to worry about spelling errors! We all read the good news daily, errors or not!! (And do so excitedly!)
    I am so glad,proud and thankful to hear about Dick's improvements! I hope my turn to visit and see him for myself(not just through the author's eyes) will come real soon. I just need to get an entire day off! (Seems "work" has become my middle name!)
    Amy and Mike, rest assured that with a family this large and close in heart, visitors probably will not be a problem. And in reading all the comments, it would seem that there is a tremendous amount of friends, cousins,etc that would love to be "cheerleader for a day"!
    Love you all!
    Thankful and "still on my knees!" Kim XXOO

    ReplyDelete