Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Small Setback!

Good morning! Well, I would love to say Dad had a first great night at home but that did not happen. He was having what he thought were stomach pains all day yesterday and last night the pain had gotten a lot worse. Aunt Judi and Uncle Jeri went ahead and took Dad to the ER. To make a long story short Dad has a very large kidney stone. I know, seriously can the man catch a break or what!!! From what I understand they were going to keep him overnight and remove it today. I don't know exactly why plans changed but they ended up giving him pain medications and sending him home to try to pass it on his own! The text I received was that he was not a happy camper when they told him he was going to have to stay overnight! I can't blame the poor thing. I am guessing it was his decision to try to pass it at home.


So if you are planning a visit to Dad I would maybe wait for a few days. I know today he will be resting a good portion of the day since they didn't get home until 4:30 this morning! I will have Aunt Judi send out something else later that is more detailed. I just thought I would let you all know what was going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment