Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good evening everyone. Today was a really great day. Aunt Cheryl and I arrived around 10:30 a.m. Dad was in a pretty good mood and we weren't even in trouble today for being late! He said he had a pretty good night, and actually got some sleep! YEAH!!!!!! He really was in need for some heavy duty sleeping. Soon after we arrived Dad received four visitors. Sherry Clark, Jim and Gloria Hicks, and Vicki Poroit. He was very happy and grateful to see all of them. Since the room is on the small side Dad seemed to get a little anxious with all of us in there at once. Everyone was so understanding and we only went in the room a couple at a time for the rest of the day. Thank you so much to all of you for coming to visit Dad. He really appreciated it, and so did we!

After Dad's company left he ate his dinner, and seemed to be so peaceful and content lying in his bed. Dad called all of his brothers and sisters and told them how much he loved them and his exciting news! He will hopefully be transferred to St. Francis tomorrow or Monday! We are praying for tomorrow! He is really getting anxious to get back near his home turf. He is also ready to start intense rehab. He took a lap today around the unit and he did marvelous! I know I use this phrase a lot but it was so amazing to watch. I sat there thinking wow, five weeks ago we didn't even know if this man was going to make it and now look at him go! What else can I say except we finally got our miracle! After my Mom passed away I asked myself why didn't we get a miracle with her? I see so many people get miracles everyday why not her, why not us? Today watching my Dad cruising the halls it all became clear to me. My Mom gave up her miracle so my Dad could have his. I know my Mom is cheering my Dad on from heaven everyday and she is partly the reason he is still here!

That is all I have for you all tonight. I hope tomorrow I will be writing you letting you know that Dad has been transferred safe and sound! Love, Amy

6 comments:

  1. That's great news. Everyone here in Elko has been thinking of Dick and is always excited to hear of the latest updates on his road to recovery. Keep it up Dick, we're all hoping for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Great Blog! I cant wait to see Uncle Dick on Saturday. (where ever he is) All the things he has acomplished in this short amount of time is simply amazing! I cant wait to visit him and see for myself the results of his hard work. Love to all, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so surprising to hear and was IT ever wonderful to have a message on my phone from Dick after I got out of work. Now I'm heading out to work again. I hope when I get home I'll find out that Dick is back in Peoria. I LOVE YOU, DICK! Have a great day and Keep Improving! This just makes my days better and better. Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, What a sweet message about your Mom. Life can be so confusing sometimes, then all of a sudden events take place that help us understand. I am so happy for Dick and his progress and am looking forward to seeing him.
    Dee Berchtold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, Carson, and BrooklynnApril 3, 2009 at 7:34 AM

    Hopefully the kids and I will be able to come see you before we head out to Florida! Carson is anxious to see you and well Brooklynn I am not sure if you will be able to get a word in edgewise. She is a talker--wonder who she gets that from??? We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention I cry everytime I read this blog? Amy, that was a beautiful tribute to your mom and to your faith -- I know she played a big part in keeping him here with us. Now he's got to live up to the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete