Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 41 - He is Doing Great

Well, today Dick had a number of visitors. He didn't have any therapy today because it was Sunday, but they are working on his therapy schedule which sounds like he will be kept quite busy most of the day, every day of the week. He is getting stronger. He is also getting sore from the exercise which means that his muscles are getting a work out. He is making amazing progress.

He has been able to take a shower and wear his own clothes which makes him feel more human. He also got another shave from Jer today which always makes him feel good. It was nice to be able to have him sit at a table and visit with us for an hour and even sit at the table and have his lunch and enjoy a visit like he was in his own kitchen surrounded by family.

He is still seeing double but tomorrow he will see an opthomologist for this problem to see what can be done. He may have to wear a patch for a while over one eye to make the injured eye stronger. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

3 comments:

  1. Onward and upward! Keep up the good work as I know you will. No hill for a climber like yourself. God is on your side. Always
    Dee Berchtold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick,
    Couldn't help but think of you Saturday as I rode my new BMW F800ST home from Iowa City to the Quad Cities.
    I am so pleased that the reports keep getting better and better. I am a little delighted that you lost a bit of hair so now you know how the rest of us feel:)
    Be well - get stronger.
    Thinking of you!
    eldon partridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Judi gave me this blog after I talked to her earlier. I read with amazement all Dick has been through. I am so happy he is doing so well. You have all been in my prayers.
    Judi's sis, Lynn

    ReplyDelete